This week, we are trialling a new ‘red flag’ system in the Enigin development department. We had our designer, Alan, create some flags which we attach to our Apple Cinema Displays with the help of Cocktail stirrers and bluetak. When we want some ‘concentration’ time we simply set the flag to the upright position, indicating that we don’t want to be disturbed unless it’s an emergency.
Here’s the full set of rules:
- If the flag is in the upright position, then Enigin staff are encouraged not to disturb us unless absolutely necessary.
- If an interruption is absolutely non-avoidable, then email is the preferred method of communication. Simply put ‘Urgent’ in the subject line.
- The flag is only allowed to be raised for 3 hours at any one time. This allows your colleagues a period of time to get answers to their questions.
- No sales calls should be forwarded to a ‘Red Flagger’
- We have yet to come up with a punishment for Red Flag abusers, but rest assured, staff in violation will be dealt with swiftly!
If you work for Enigin and would like your very own flag, then these can be purchased from the Development department for the tiny sum of £1.00